Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More research

Well I got some more info. 26 gauge Sheet metal will weigh 800 lbs. Masonite will weigh only 500 lbs. At this point I think sheet metal will be too fragile before it is assembled but I'll wait until the prototype ( made of masonite) is finished.
Going to work with Big Jawn to look at engineering issues. Did the first bend test and the masonite will actually bend like I said it would.

Been working with my model trying out different ways to assemble and raise this monster.
1)Assemble all the layers flat on the ground and gradually hoist them up as they are bent into shape.
2)Assemble sections and hoist each section into place
3) Need some more ideas.

1 comment:

  1. What about large plastic sheets, the type they make vacuform panels out of? Would be much lighter, but maybe too light for the wind.

    ReplyDelete